November Goals and October Review

>> Tuesday, November 1, 2011



Okay -- seriously.  Somebody stop time -- even just for a day!!  I can't believe it's NOVEMBER already!!

October went by in a blur.  Mostly because I was sick for most of the month.  Fortunately, some of my posts were already written and scheduled.  But the day my mom left, I got sick with a sore throat and stuffy nose that went into a full blown sinus infection and then into what I thought was bronchitis.  After almost two weeks of hacking up a lung (or two), I finally went to the doctor and was officially diagnosed with walking pneumonia.  Great -- just great.  (And daddy, if you're reading this -- please don't say "I told you so......")

"Walking Pneumonia" -- sounds just like the kind of an illness a mom would get.....right?

Anyway -- after a course of antibiotics, I am starting to feel better.  But my October goals kind of went by the wayside.  Ugh!

I did do a lot of menu planning and we did have lots of meals together as a family.  I didn't get to work on too many Christmas gifts, but thanks to some great sales and coupons, I was able to get the supplies that I needed to get started.  We did manage two date nights (including one for our anniversary) thanks to my mom being in town and watching the girls for us!

So, new month and new goals!

*********************

Goals for November:

Continue to work on FRG (Family Readiness Group) commitments; Start database to send out Christmas cards and monthly birthday cards - Community

Continue to have family time at dinner at least 3x a week (pending My Marine's schedule) and plan a date night with My Marine - Family

Plan holiday menus and write grocery lists - Homemaking

Start new Proverbs bible study for the month - Faith
Continue to make Christmas gifts for friends and family; Start Christmas list for family gifts - Community, Family, Creativity

Keep my chaos at home organized, try to stay on track with chores and finances; Start listing new items on eBay; Set up reward system for the girls' chore charts - Homemaking, Family


So do you have goals for November? Come link them up with Mama Smiles!

1 comments:

MaryAnne November 1, 2011 at 8:41 AM  

Sounds like you'll be busy! I love the idea of studying Proverbs in November.

I'm getting over walking pneumonia too! Just wasn't our month, I guess.

Thanks for linking up, and good luck with your goals! =)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP