Cloud Dough

>> Thursday, February 2, 2012

I've seen this all over Pinterest and decided that today was the day that we would make this!  And it's really simple and quick!

Ready?

1 Cup baby oil



8 cups flour


Mix together and that's it!

I mixed it up in a big plastic bowl that I have.  Nudgie got all excited because she thought I was making brownies and then got all disappointed when we weren't making brownies.  (Guess I'm making brownies later!)

I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed with this mixture at first, but once you start working it through, it starts to blend -- and it smells oh so good!

I then dumped it into a plastic box that I had used once upon a time for my scrapbook paper.  I tossed in some scoops, cupcake liners, and some bowls and then set up a blanket on our family room floor so that any mess that we were sure to make would be easily cleaned up.

We had a blast making little bricks and stacking them.  Rubbing the cloud dough between our hands.  (It just feels so wonderfully silky!  I could definitely see playing with this as a meditation instead of zen sand garden!)





Then a little later we started drawing letters in it.  Nudgie did a great job of identifying the letters I wrote and then wanted to try her hand - literally!  Imagine my joy and surprise when she "wrote" the letters R, C, T, and L all by herself.  Even more amazing was that we haven't even learned about the letters R and L yet!



In the end, we really liked playing with this and will probably pull it out again.  I'm curious to see if, after awhile, it dries up.  A friend suggested storing it in a ziploc bag in the fridge.  So, we'll give that one a shot too!

Rating:  Two Nudgie Thumbs Up!

4 comments:

Vivian Kirkfield February 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM  

Oh Jennifer, I love this!
I will have to mix up some and try it...maybe this recipe will go into the next Show Me How book. :)
The pictures of your daughter playing with the cloud dough are amazing! Would I be able to use one or two of them if I use the recipe in a post? (can I use the recipe in a post?)

MaryAnne February 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM  

This is on our list to try, eventually. We made play dough today =)

I think the cloud dough really doesn't dry out, because of the baby oil - it's like moon dough =)

Natalie PlanetSmarty February 2, 2012 at 3:21 PM  

I am curious to try it out. We did corn starch based moon sand some time back, and it didn't work out well at all. Cute pictures!

Chris February 8, 2012 at 12:49 AM  

Hi Jennifer, who had more fun, you or your little girl? I didn't realize it was that easy to make "dough" for playing with. I wonder if you can add food colouring to it. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP